الأحد، 21 نوفمبر 2010

The Land

The Land















By Mouein Bsaiso
Translated from Arabic by: Adib S. Kawar

Land surprises me, that trees
Arms and the moon it hides
Circulars it prints
O you star in the Galilee
A fig tree in Al-Khalil*
“Yajis” in between branches it hides
In my ribs a printing press you hide
and you cyprus trees in Al-Quds**
circulars walk
birds walk
streets walk
printing presses walk
windows on eyelids walk
new letters















Land Day poster (1984) by Abdel Rahman Al Muzain

Between me and Jericho a poem
On my hand’s palm a newspaper Nablus prints
Land surprises me, that stones
fight regimes
whose guns are bridled
Land surprises me,
That maids’ hand palms
Mirrors are
and martyr’s hand palms
are as big as the sky
land surprises me
O you rose in a book
soil’s peace
prophets reading it teachs
prophets writing it teaches
soil’s peace, cloud’s peace
night’s birds pass
grapevines’ butterflies remain
fire it doesn’t kindle in memory
and in Nazareth barricades remain
land surprises me
my hand palm’s fingers
 school’s pencils in Rafah
and a child’s colors on Gaza’s shore
 Akka*** they paint
And on his hand palm the Carmel he paints
And on my hand palm Al-Qastal**** he paints
To announce his first strike
Land surprises me
My palm’s fingers these are
A child’s brush in Amman
The phase’s face he erased
and paints our Palestinian future’s face
pencils of a school in the south,
And a school’s pencils in the mountain
In its hand Lebanon had a spike
In its hand Lebanon had a bomb
And Lebanon new wheat it grinds
And Lebanon new bread it kneads
And Lebanon feeds a new land
And between me and Jericho a poem
And Nablus prints on my hand a newspaper
Land surprises me
A child on Gaza’s palm
Painting a cedar
And O your Cyprus trees in Al-Quds
On branches birds walk

its first strike it announces
pamphlets on eyelids walk
and its first strike it announces
and reads its No. 1 proclamation
and I walk
my books I carry and walk
my child’s pencils I  carry and walk
my mother’s picture I carry and walk
my home’s picture I carry and walk
and walk
and walk
and walk
the tree’s proclamation I recite,
the stone’s proclamation I recite,
the moon’s proclamation I recite
and the barricades’ proclamation I recite
in every street…

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق