الاثنين، 14 مارس 2011

A Dream

A Dream
By: Ahmad Hussein
Translated from Arabic By: Adib S. Kawar
We shall never meet after today
When a flag, an army and a police force, you shall have
A parliament and an insurance establishment,
Central squares with names,
A national football team,
An orchestra, a museum and a university
Real poets and thinkers
And you shall have a president who knows what he really is,
Ministers who shall not steal kitchens,
And baby’s dolls

And when girls stroll
In universities and streets without veils
And breed their cubs like delicate lionesses,
When forgotten martyrs you have,
Flag carrying traitors
And their bold heads shining in the dark
because of the repeated patting
by feet gloves


When all of that happen
From nothing I shall be too far
Satisfied I shall be now
To with my dream I shall be sitting
Closing my eyes
All what I mentioned see
And rejoice

What is existing is the past
The dream is the fact
Because it is alone
Bearing people’s messages
To the future

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق