الخميس، 10 فبراير 2011

My name is “7anzalah” (Hanzalah)

My name is “7anzalah”  (Hanzalah)













Translated by: Adib S. Kawar

Dear reader permit me to present myself… I, God forbids from the word “I”…
My name is 7anzalah, My father’s name is not necessary, My mother… her name is Nakbah and my younger sister’s name is Fatimah…
My foot’s size, I don’t know… because I am always barefooted…
Date of birth: I was born on June 5th 1967…
Nationality” I am not a Palestinian, not Jordanian, not a Kuwaiti, not a Lebanese, not an Egyptian, not anybody… etc… In brief I don’t have an identity and I don’t intend to get nationalized… Simply I am an Arab and that is all…
By accident I met the cartoonist Naji… Hating his art because he cannot draw, and explained why… because whenever he drew about a country its embassy complains… guidance. information and censorship warn…
He told me all people are nice… they became angles… They couldn’t be better… thus... I want to draw… I want to live… I want to find a job other than this…
I told him you are a coward and ran away from the battle field… and I was harsh with him, and when I soothed him… and introduced myself that I am a vigilant Arab who knows all languages and speaks all dialects. associates with all people. the good, bad, nice and the crock… all kinds of people… Those who behaves well and or so so… And I told him that I am ready to draw a cartoon every day for him, and explained to him that I don’t fear anybody except God, and who ever shall be angry let him go and tile the see (do whatever he likes)… And told him that those who want air conditioned houses and offices, a car and what they want to cook every day… and don’t think of Palestine…..
Dear reader… I am sorry for writing such a long letter… Don’t think that I wrote so much to fill space… and that on my behalf and behalf my cartoonist friend, I always thank you… and that is all…
7anzalah

This text was written by Naji Al-Ali to introduce 7Aanzalah
Naji al-Ali















Naji Salim al-Ali (Arabic: ناجي سليم العلي, born c. 1938 – 29 August 1987) was a Palestinian cartoonist, noted for the political criticism of Israel in his works. He drew over 40,000 cartoons, which often reflected Palestinian and Arab public opinion and were sharply critical commentaries on Palestinian and Arab politics and political leaders.[1] He is perhaps best known as creator of the character Handala, pictured in his cartoons as a young witness of the satirized policy or event depicted,[1] and who has since become an icon of Palestinian defiance. On 22 July 1987, while outside the London offices of al-Qabas, a Kuwaiti newspaper for which he drew political caricatures[2][1], Naji al-Ali was shot in the face and mortally wounded.[3] Naji al-Ali died five weeks later in Charing Cross Hospital.

The Zionist entity didn’t deny that it was who assassinated him

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق